A Unique Chicken Sandwich
- 400g boneless, skinless chicken – cooked
- 120g sour cream
- lemon zest
- 150g mayonnaise
- 300g celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup flaked toasted almonds
- rocket leaves, finely chopped
- 18 bread slices of your choice
- Finely chop your chicken, and place in a bowl with your sour cream, zest, mayonnaise, celery and nuts. Season to taste. Then add in your chopped rocket leaves and mix well.
- Lightly butter (optional) your bread slices.
- Spread your chicken mixture equally between the bread slices and sandwich together.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, trim the crust and cut your sandwiches into quarters to have four triangles.
- Arrange neatly on your serving plates and enjoy!
I like adding a hint of spices to my chicken sandwiches usually, so try adding hot sauce or chili powder with your chicken mixture.
Chicken filling can be done (without the nuts and almonds) one day ahead, covered tightly and placed in the fridge. Just before using, allow your mixture to sit in room temperature then add your rocket leaves and almonds to retain their crunch.
You may be interested
Summer Gleam with Green Bar4dministrat0r - Oct 18, 2017
As we welcome the bright sunny days of summer, and looking forward to enjoying cold treats in the day and…
Is Robin Hood Ethical?4dministrat0r - Oct 18, 2017
I am Mohamed Ghassan. I’m an environmentalist, musician and now I guess a writer. I was born in Bahrain but…