An everyday gluten free pancake mix that can be stored in your pantry! Simple & delicious! Feel free to add your favorite extras such as berries, dark chocolate, & nuts
PREPARATION: 15 minutes
SERVING: 6 – 8
- To make pancake mix: Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well combined. Or sift the mixture twice at least to ensure its thoroughly mixed.
- To make pancakes: whisk 1 egg, vanilla, cinnamon, add other additions of your choice (if using), 1 cup of Laban or milk, and 1 Tbsp. melted butter or coconut oil. Then add in 1 cup of pancake mix.
- If your batter appears too thick (it should stream out of a measuring cup, not glop), add more Laban/non-dairy milk.
- Let batter rest for 5-10 minutes and preheat griddle to medium heat. Lightly grease surface and add 1/4 cup measurements of the batter.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bubbles form on top and the edges appear dry, checking around the 2-minute mark to ensure they aren’t too brown.
- Cook for 1-3 minutes more or until the other side is brown and the pancake feels firm when lightly pressed with a spatula.
- Serve with honey or organic maple syrup and some fruits.
- Xanthan gum is like glute, holds the pancakes together.
- Sub non-dairy milk for low fat Laban if preferred. Start with 1 cup in the batter and if it appears too thick, add another 1/2 cup.
- Pancake Mix
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup GF oat flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup raw sugar (grind to fine consistency)
- For Pancake
- 1 cup Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or bean paste
- 1 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups low-fat Laban or non-dairy milk
Riyadat Mall, A’ali
+973 1721 7079
Timing: Open Monday – Saturday (10am – 7pm)
You may be interested
Portraying Culture Through Art4dministrat0r - Jul 26, 2017
BY ANAAM IKRAM An image of growth and development throughout the years, the Kingdom of Bahrain has always been welcoming…
STRENGTH. STRETCH. CONTROL.4dministrat0r - Jul 26, 2017
BY ANAAM IKRAM Set right in the heart of the Manama Souq, amongst the narrow, bustling streets, La Fontaine Centre…