Blissful Temptations Kitchen by Reem Fakhro
Hosting breakfast or brunch for family or friends equals to lots of stress especially when having everyone’s breakfast ready at different times. These french toast roll ups are perfect to ensure everbody gets to tuck in at the same time. Try them with different spreads and fillings. Be creative and allow the kids to help you.
PREP 20-25 mins
SETTING 50 mins
SERVINGS 7 (14 roll ups)
- 14 Slices of white, brown bread
- 1Tbsp table sugar
- ½ Tsp cinnamon powder (add more if you want)
- Melted butter for brushing
- Berries & cream cheese – 8 oz cream cheese spread, 4tbsp icing sugar, ½ tsp vanilla
- Hazelnut – nutella spread, you can add chopped strawberries or bananas if wanted
- P.B jelly – peanut butter spread, jam spread
French toast batter:
- 6 Pcs eggs
- ½ Cup milk
- 1 Cup cream
- 1Tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup sugar
- Prepare all your filling ingredients.
- Cut the crusts from your slice bread, roll them out using a rolling pin so they are flat.
- Spread your filling, and arrange your fruits along one end of the bread, and roll them up.
- Grease a 9×13 pyrex dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Once all your breads are rolled up, arrange them side by side in one line in your dish.
- Make your cinnamon sugar by mixing all the ingredients together except the butter.
- Brush the tops of your rolls with the melted butter, then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top to coat.
- Make your batter, by mixing all your ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture over your rolls (it may seem like a lot of batter, but don’t worry it will soak it up overnight).
- Cover your dish with cling film tightly, place in the fridge until tomorrow…
- Good night!
- Rise & shine!
- Preheat your oven to 175c, unwrap your dish and bake the beautiful rolls up for around 45-50 minutes.
- Once out, dust with icing sugar and more berries on top & enjoy with maple syrup!
Riyadat Mall, A’ali
+973 1721 7079
Open Mon – Sat, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
You may be interested
Blissful Temptations4dministrat0r - Oct 18, 2017
[gallery columns="1" size="large" ids="5222"] PREPARATION 25-30 minutes SERVING Makes 36 triangles Ingredients 400g boneless, skinless chicken – cooked 120g sour…
Summer Gleam with Green Bar4dministrat0r - Oct 18, 2017
As we welcome the bright sunny days of summer, and looking forward to enjoying cold treats in the day and…