Blissful Temptations Kitchen by Reem Fakhro
PREPARATION & BAKING 1 hr
SERVING 12 – 16
- 90g unsalted butter
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 125 chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup water
- 1tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/2tbsp lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 60g flaked almonds
- For the base: cream butter, sugar, vanilla until combined, stir in sifted flour together until forms a dough.
- Press evenly over the base of a well-greased 28cm x 18cm lamington tin, and bake on a moderate oven for 12-15minitues.
- Once cooled, spread evenly with cooled filling, then spread evenly with flaked almonds.
- Bake again for another 10-15minitues or until golden.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
- For the filling: combine all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated; stir from time to time during cooking. Allow to cool at room temperature before using.
- For the topping: in a small bowl of electric mixer beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add in the sugar, beat on high speed for 5 minutes until glossy spread over filling and sprinkle flaked almonds on top.
Riyadat Mall, A’ali
+973 1721 7079
Open Monday – Saturday (10am – 7pm)
You may be interested
Blissful Temptations4dministrat0r - Oct 18, 2017
[gallery columns="1" size="large" ids="5222"] PREPARATION 25-30 minutes SERVING Makes 36 triangles Ingredients 400g boneless, skinless chicken – cooked 120g sour…
Summer Gleam with Green Bar4dministrat0r - Oct 18, 2017
As we welcome the bright sunny days of summer, and looking forward to enjoying cold treats in the day and…