Blissful Temptations Kitchen by Reem Fakhro
During my traineeship at the hotel, the dessert I had to assemble on a daily basis was the Charlotte. Be creative with your fillings! This dessert could be done a day in advance if guests are coming over. Which makes your life easier on the day.
PREP 45 mins + cooling and chilling over night
What you will need:
- 6” diameter tin/mould
- 30-35pcs ladyfingers
- Parchment paper
- Butter, melted for greasing
For the Chocolate Mousse:
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 25g unsalted butter
- 3tbps Crème Fraiche
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 yolks
- 100g egg whites
- 15g caster sugar
To make the Chocolate Mousse:
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the surface of the water doesn’t touch the bowl of chocolate and butter mixture.
- Remove from heat and fold in your Crème Fraiche, yolks and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk your egg whites and sugar to stiff peaks, and then gently fold them into the chocolate mixture to form a smooth mousse.
- Lightly grease your tin and line the base with parchment paper.
- Arrange the lady fingers all around the mold, making sure they are tightly placed with the sugar part being arranged from the inside of the outer mold.
- Spoon one third of the chocolate mousse over the base, then cover with a layer of dipped ladyfingers (in coffee syrup). Repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of ladyfingers.
- Cover the top with parchment paper and place a few plates on top as weights.
- Leave to chill in the fridge overnight.
- An hour before serving, turn your Charlotte onto a serving plate and leave to stand at room temperature.
- Decorate with fruits, mousse, frosting or sweetened cream.
Riyadat Mall, A’ali
+973 1721 7079
Open Mon – Sat, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
You may be interested
Blissful Temptations4dministrat0r - Oct 18, 2017
[gallery columns="1" size="large" ids="5222"] PREPARATION 25-30 minutes SERVING Makes 36 triangles Ingredients 400g boneless, skinless chicken – cooked 120g sour…
Summer Gleam with Green Bar4dministrat0r - Oct 18, 2017
As we welcome the bright sunny days of summer, and looking forward to enjoying cold treats in the day and…