Blissful Temptations Kitchen
This is a delicious and easy appetizer you should try out and surprise your guests for your next gathering or party!
PREP 20-25 mins
COOK 45 mins
READY IN 30 mins
SERVING Depends on string cheese used
- string cheese
- pepperoni (optional)
- ready made puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp milk
- homemade or store bought marinara sauce
Homemade marinara sauce:
- 28 ounce can whole San Marciano tomatoes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp dried oregano, or more to taste, or 1 large fresh basil spring
- Cut the string cheese into 2-3 pieces.
- Add the pepperoni (if using).
- Wrap in puff pastry dough, making sure to press the ends to together so the cheese gets sealed in, otherwise it may ooze out as in bakes.
- Brush with egg wash (1 egg + 1tbsp of milk) mixed together.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Bake on 190 c for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce.
Homemade marinara sauce method:
- Pour tomatoes into a large bowl and crush with your hands. Pour 1 cup water into can and slosh it around to get tomato juices. Reserve.
- In a large skillet (do not use a deep pot) over medium heat, heat the oil. When it is hot, add garlic.
- As soon as the garlic is sizzling (do not let it brown), add the tomatoes, then the reserved tomato water. Add chilli flakes, oregano (if using) and salt. Stir.
- Place basil sprig, including stem, in the sauce. Simmer the sauce until it thickens and the oil on the surface is a deep orange, about 15 minutes. (If using oregano, taste sauce after 10 minutes of simmering, adding more salt and oregano as needed) Discard basil (if using).
You may be interested
Blissful Temptations4dministrat0r - Oct 18, 2017
[gallery columns="1" size="large" ids="5222"] PREPARATION 25-30 minutes SERVING Makes 36 triangles Ingredients 400g boneless, skinless chicken – cooked 120g sour…
Summer Gleam with Green Bar4dministrat0r - Oct 18, 2017
As we welcome the bright sunny days of summer, and looking forward to enjoying cold treats in the day and…