Moscow offers the inquisitive traveller much to see and do, a treasure trove of cultural artifacts and architectural masterpieces to explore and a diverse and eclectic cuisine to partake in. Gulf Air’s 4 weekly flights to the Russian capital provide easy access to one of the fastest growing tourist destinations in the world.
Although seeped in history, Moscow is the epitome of a modern city boasting high-end shopping and an effortless meld of historic and contemporary sights and attractions.
Transport: Originally built as bomb shelters, the city’s elaborate yet easy-to-use metro system is a masterpiece of Soviet art that is often referred to as the world’s finest with each station along the much lauded ‘circle line’ featuring everything from ceiling mosaics to bronze plaques showcased in an elaborate architecture and design.
Historic Sights: The city’s iconic Red Square holds a number of unique historic attractions.
- St. Basil’s Cathedral – an elaborately domed structure that rises from the cobblestones and is undeniably one of the most spectacular sights in the world.
- The Kremlin – a fortified complex dating from the 12th century, when Soviet leaders worked from what is the seat of Russian power today. The Kremlin holds museums, ancient churches, palaces and government buildings including The Armory, which is home to a collection of Tsarist artifacts, jewelry and armor.
- The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier – where an eternal flame burns for the more than 20 million Soviets who died in World War II.
- Lenin’s Tomb – a mausoleum holding the mummified body of Vladimir Lenin, who founded the Soviet state following the revolution and whose embalmed body has been on view, since 1924.
Cuisine: For Gulf Air’s Falcon Gold travellers who enjoyed meals prepared for them by the airline’s renowned Sky Chefs onboard their journey to Moscow, the Russian capital has a host of world-class restaurants that offer their distinctive and unique cuisine including:
- Borscht – a hearty winter soup cooked with beetroot and tomato
- Blini – Russian pancakes served with sour cream, jam, honey, or caviar or smoked salmon.
Gulf Air’s four weekly flights between Bahrain and Moscow operate as below:
For more information on Gulf Air’s four flights a week to Domodedovo International Airport you can visit their website at www.gulfair.com
You may be interested
Portraying Culture Through Art4dministrat0r - Jul 26, 2017
BY ANAAM IKRAM An image of growth and development throughout the years, the Kingdom of Bahrain has always been welcoming…
STRENGTH. STRETCH. CONTROL.4dministrat0r - Jul 26, 2017
BY ANAAM IKRAM Set right in the heart of the Manama Souq, amongst the narrow, bustling streets, La Fontaine Centre…